Monday, January 26, 2009

Miss America

I know I know I'm sorry, but I just had to blog about Miss America 2009. Being a TLC lover, I followed "Count Down to the Crown" the past several weeks, so I was definately into it! I personally wanted Miss Florida to win, but oh well.

Beyond television, school is progressively picking up from what seemed like a slow start, maybe because last semester was so intense. Anyways, we learned all the different views we will be using when we start scanning on Wednesday (yeah!) and how difficult it is to actually get in past the ribs and lung issues to see the heart (due to the physics of ultrasound, it is impossible to view a scan through bone and air) thus we have to use "windows" inbetween, above, and below the ribs (tricky stuff). Plus we have to be able to view the heart upside down and backwards as you can see in the picture on the left, which also makes things interesting. Ok so I could talk forever about it, but I will leave it at this for now. I will continue updating you with my interesting issues through out this semester.
Until next time...
~Kt~

No comments: