Monday, September 15, 2008

Ugly Polotics

This, as everyone knows, is an election year, and I am not in a good mood about it. I had typed a whole blog out that talked about how the candidates were making this an ugly election but having read several articles my eyes have been opened. It is the media and the party fanatics that are making it an ugly race. Using words and phrases out of context, using party stereotypes to describe candidates, and focusing on the one ugly sentince out of a two hour speech. I admit that the commercials being put out that are supported by the candidates are ugly, however those are the parties talking. I really am getting sick of it and wish I could have a truly un biased nonparty oriented look at the candidates. However, the media is looking at the ugly parts of the race for viewers, and the fox news conservitive, or the Daily show liberal agendas make it near impossable for me to actaully hear the messages of the candidates. The best advice I had ever gotten was to never vote for a party, but always vote for a person, but as the campaign goes on it seems that the candidates become more and more like robots for their political parties (not to be confused with party robots which i enjoy very much)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what are polotics? a type of tic?