Thursday, August 13, 2009

Last Week Here

I am officially moving in less than a week!! Summer just started on August 8th and is shortly about to end August 24th. Classes ended well, I am excited to officially be done with classes (maybe forever!). I'm excited to get out into the clinical setting and have fun putting my new knowledge into real life.
I've been running around like crazy this week with last minute errands for wedding stuff, moving, etc. My fiance has already moved to Des Moines and I miss him like crazy already, it may be a rough 8 months, but it will fly by fast! I am excited to move and learn a new place and people, I'm just not excited to be living alone, but it will make me stronger I'm sure.
I got myself some new running shoes today so I can keep motivated to workout now, and while I'm in Springfield, yeah...gotta fit in my dress ya know (May will be here before I know it)! ;) Alright well I need to get back to working on my capstone paper (yes class is out, but we have these huge paper/presentations due, bummer I know). I am doing my topic on Ostium Primum, a congenital defect that can go undected and found in adults later, which was what happened in the case I am presenting on. It is pretty interesting, I love researching it! Makes me think I may actually get into Pediatric echos someday, it really keeps my attention, but it is scary because a tiny life can be at the mercy of your skills...eak!
Until next time...
~Kt~ :)

No comments: