Monday, August 24, 2009

Hello from Illinois!!

Where Abe Lincoln practiced law.

I have officially moved into my apartment in Springfield IL to start my full time clinicals for 8 months! My parents helped me move and we did some sight seeing, hence the pictures. Today was my first day at St. John's Hospital here in IL. It was so much fun, I got to see a lot of things I haven't gotten to see yet, which made my day that much more exciting! (If you haven't been keeping up, I am doing my adult cardiac sonography full time clinicals, as I am in my second year of school). We do all sorts of procedures believe it or not (not just same old same old, phew!). We had one echo in the cath lab, so I got to see some blood squirt out of the femoral artery as they were placing the catheters in and up to the heart. I also got to see them check out a fetus heart (so a baby still in the womb), which was incredible to see as well. I also got to see a couple stress echos, which Lincoln doesn't do a whole lot of, so I am glad I get to experience it here. These are where the patient walks on a tredmill until their heart rate reaches a specific rate and we compare baseline and stressed heart. Ok well this is getting long, obviously it is a lot of fun and I'm excited to get back and see more and scan more as well!
Apparently it is good luck to rub Abe's nose...hence the reason his nose has been rubbed raw haha.
Me in front of the old capital building.
Until next time....
~Kt~ :)

No comments: