Monday, August 18, 2008

Cyclops Knee

So I had my knee finally scoped this past thursday, and I chose my favorite 2 pics of the bunch. Originally they thought my meniscus was torn, but in fact this lovely 'cyclops lesion' was found instead, which for those of you who have never heard of it is,

"a complication of anterior cruciate ligament surgery, where the new replacement ligament slowly strips away and bundles into a knot, jamming up the 'intercondylar notch' and preventing the knee from fully straightening. The lump sometimes looks like the central eye of a mythical 'cyclops' monster, hence the name." http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEnotes/cyclops-lesion

I did have an ACL reconstruction about 2 1/2 years ago so this buger has been harvesting inside my knee ever since, hence the reason I couldn't straighten my knee (now I finally can!!) yeah and why it was hurting (from it indenting on my cartilage)! As for my luck, this only happens 1-9.8% of those who have ACL surgery...go figure haha. But I have felt great from the moment I woke up from surgery, so that was wonderful and I am already up and walking pretty normal only 4 days later! :) I'm glad to be back, and yes Riley, I have been watching the Olympics non-stop, is that even a question? haha!

~Kt :)



2 comments:

emsguy said...

nice post! .... are you able to walk on this yet?

~Kt~ said...

yup it really wasn't too bad of a surgery...i walked only 3 days later, and there has been minimal pain...thank goodness!!! :)