Monday, June 23, 2008

Pregancy Pact


At Gloucester High School in Mass. it is believed that seventeen high school girls made a pact to become pregnant and raise their children together. This is just craziness to me! It is believed that the girls having the babies do not have a lot of direction or purpose in their lives. It is also believed that their babies fulfills two functions for the teens -- one is that they have the love of a male, well they believe they have the love of a male. I am not saying that is all they have, but they believe they have it. Then, the baby gives them a sense of status and purpose which they wouldn't necessarily have in another way. To me this does not make any sense, they must not be thinking or not know how difficult raising children is.

I was a nanny last summer and let me tell you I do not know how parents do it... lets just say it took me along time to want to have my own kids someday after that summer. ha ha

I just hope all works out for these teenagers!


No comments: